Taking essential oils orally can cause health problems. Learn the safety requirements of ingesting these concentrated plant extracts. I see it frequently in social media images: Just add X drops of Y essential oil to a tall glass of water and drink. I see it on advice columns with lines such as “boost your health” … Continue reading Can You Ingest Essential Oils?
Keep Essential Oils Out Of Reach Of Pets And Children
I can’t stress this caution enough! Essential oil poisonings can kill children and pets. These are not toys or teething tools, they are highly concentrated plant materials that can be dangerous and lethal in tiny hands.
In the event of an essential oil, poisoning calls Poison Control immediately. The American Association of Poison Control Centers hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-222-1222. Poison Control operators assist families with thousands of essential oil poisonings every year and are well equipped to advise you on necessary actions to take after a poisoning.
- Study Evaluates Seven Helichrysum Species for Volatile Profile and Essential Oil Composition June 20, 2018
- Queen of the Spices; Cardamom Health Benefits June 2, 2018
- Double Chamomile Chronic Pain Cream Recipe May 22, 2018
- Essential Oils A Natural Substance May 17, 2018
- Can You Ingest Essential Oils? May 17, 2018